How to avoid the Worst Wedding Gift Ever
Making a wedding registry list can be a daunting to-do on the increasingly long checklist, or it can give you the same excitement as when you made a holiday wish-list as a kid.
For some, sitting down and sifting through a list of possible gifts for your new married life is a break from the dress fittings and seat charting. For others, the question of what to ask for and where to register is another puzzle to solve in the wedding planning process.
Whether you officially register or not, it’s very likely you will get gifts. You can request for guests not to bring gifts, but some may want to share their joy of this celebration by giving you more than the memory of their attendance.
By registering for wedding gifts, you take the pressure off of your guests and set yourself up for actually getting things you and your new spouse need.
You can always comment no gifts necessary, but by providing a registry link you will avoid the awkward thank-you notes that earn you a spot on the Worst Wedding Gifts list.
Registering at a national department store is a smart choice not only for the variety of gifts offered, but if gives people the opportunity to visit the store in person and decide on a gift. Plus, you get added benefits. For instance Dillard’s wedding registry offers incentives, exchanges and access to your registry for up to 18 months. Dillard’s also offers a 20% discount on most registry items if you decide to buy it yourself after the wedding.
Get started on your wedding registry list here (https://www.dillards.com/registry/).
Top 10 Reasons to Register with Dillard’s
- Completion Discount – Purchase most of the remaining home store items on your registry at a 20% discount after your wedding.
- Dozens of free Registry and Incentive gifts from Dillard’s and our vendor partners.
- Receive our “I thee wed” wedding and home planner when you register.
- You can register for anything in our store including exclusive products from your favorite vendors, gift cards and even furniture!
- Easily manage your registry online 24/7.
- Complimentary gift packaging for your guests on registry purchases.
- Shower enclosure cards available for your convenience.
- Receive the Dillard’s Southern Living Comfort Food cookbook as our completion gift. Visit an in-store Registry Desk after your wedding.
- Take advantage of our Club Plan. Special financing for 12 months on qualifying Club Plan purchases.*
- Our knowledgeable consultants and associates will help you every step of the way!
*Subject to credit approval. See store for details.